CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Seven Not So Quick Takes

Friday, December 11, 2009
I apologize for the delay in posting. I have every good intention of posting more, but I just can’t seem to find the time. Not only to blog, but to read other blogs, and to do things on my to-do list. My to-do list keeps growing, and GROWING, and G.R.O.W.I.N.G!!! I have marked very few things off of my list. Pretty depressing, but I’d rather spend time with my daughter and do the “little” things that I must do. Like laundry, dishes, cook, what little cleaning I can manage, and wash and sterilize bottles! FUN STUFF! :) So pretty much, my ambitious attempt to make my blog more entertaining and post more is getting pushed to the back burner. I do have a good plan, that with any luck, and probably a bit of a lack of creativity and lack of sleep I may be able to post once a week! If I write my blog post offline and save it I may manage to post more! HAHA! So here goes seven not so quick takes, as I need to catch everyone up on what has been going on.

1. I returned to work. That alone explains a lot of why I am so busy. Alice is getting into more of a routine…FINALLY! Of course, I now work full-time, so I actually have less time than before. I just have to be more efficient with my time. My husband actually told me the other day that I need to be more “time efficient”, which irritated me. I wanted to scream and slap him, but that would accomplish nothing. So what did I do? I went and got my hair cut and left him with Alice. See he had a long list of stuff that he wanted to accomplish, so I figured if he was in my shoes he would see how difficult it is. Sure you have nap-time, but Alice is not much of a napper during the day. Which during the week is nice and also a bit rough, but I get to spend more time with her. So when I returned home from my hair cut and running a few errands, he told me he doesn’t know how I manage to get any of the stuff I do get done, well done. He hadn’t started on anything that he wanted to do, except the dishes. This basically meant he piled them on one side of the sink, started the water, and never actually washed a dish! While I was happy that he realized how tough it is, I was a bit annoyed that he did not get anything done. Not even one dish! *sigh* He did manage to hop online for about the entire time I was gone *roll eyes*…so I suppose he did manage to get a lot done!
2. We had our first Thanksgiving(s) with Alice! Of course, she couldn’t enjoy any of the yummy food, and I’m sure it was just another day to her, but to me and all of her family members it was a time to realize how blessed we have been. I am so thankful for my little girl. I have no idea how I was so blessed to given her. I’m still not sure I’m deserving of her, or Sean. Without him, I would not have her. And while Sean may really irritate me (and sometimes worse) he is my best friend. I love him so much, and he has given me the best gift in the world!
3. Alice has reached a milestone! I’m a bit delayed on blogging about this (if you follow me on FB you may have seen the post), but she is now rolling over. In fact, she rolled from both sides for the first time on the same day. She was not quite 3 months when she did it. She is currently working on a “dead man’s” crawl right now. I can’t believe that at 3 ½ months she is mobile. I know this because we had gone out to start the car (it is that time of year!) and when we came back inside she had moved 7-8 feet. You’re probably thinking she rolled, but I know she didn’t. She pulled/kicked herself that far. I know she didn’t roll that far because of two reasons: she only rolls to the left (she can roll to the right, but won’t) and there was a couch in the way that she would have had to navigate around. While she is smart, I don’t think she is capable of calculating that quite yet. Plus she only had a few minutes to do all of this. Looks like I need to start cleaning the floors more (i.e. daily) and start child-proofing.
4. Back to the work thing. I found out that my job is getting phased out next year (August-September timeframe, though that is unofficial at this point). I really could not be happier! You’re probably wondering why in the world is she happy about getting laid off??? Well, I get to spend more time with Alice, and because I will get a severance package (roughly 22weeks or so) I will still get paid for awhile. Who wouldn’t be happy about that? I suppose if I had only been at my job for a couple of years I wouldn’t be as happy, but I will have been there for 11 years by this projected timeframe, so I couldn’t be happier! I still can’t believe I have been there for 10 years! That seems like such a long time!
5. So what am I planning on doing after getting “phased out”? Well spend time with Alice of course! However, I also would like to get back in school and get my nursing degree. After having a baby, I find that fascinating, and would like to be a Labor & Delivery Nurse. I may go and get medical transcriptionist training first, so I could work at home on the days I won’t be in class, and that would allow me to still have some income coming in. I’ll keep you posted on all of this!
6. I have been decorating for Christmas. This is a big deal, as I haven’t decorated in several years. I think it has a lot to do with having Alice. While she has no idea what all these lights are (ooh they are pretty!) I want to start traditions for our family. When it was Sean and me, it wasn’t that big of a deal. Perhaps I was suffering from a really long lasting case of the bah-humbugs! Now…well now it is a big deal to me.
7. My sister will be home soon! I can’t wait to see her…and hug her, and kiss her, and keep her for my very own (okay Elmyra)! I haven’t seen Lindsay since Christmas last year. She hasn’t seen Alice in person yet, so I’m even more excited for her to get to interact with Alice. I’m sure if Alice realized what a big deal this is she would be just as excited; if not more. Of course, Lindsay knew at Christmas last year (technically I called her on December 1st to announce the news!) that Alice (well we didn’t know she was Alice then) was in my belly. Lindsay was the only family member who knew. She is so good at keeping secrets! I’m sure it was killing her to not be able to share her joy with anyone else. And she is really good at keeping secrets because we didn’t tell family until after Valentine’s Day, so the poor dear had to keep it all to herself!!!
And just because it has been awhile, a bonus quick take!
8. It has been over a year now since I found out I was pregnant with Alice. I remember seeing that second line on the pregnancy test. I had a flood of emotions, and while I’d be lying to say that I wasn’t scared, all of the other emotions were very positive! I was excited, joyful, ecstatic! That was just a really great time and I can’t wait until one day down the road when I get to see two lines again. Okay, I can wait. I’d like to wait awhile, but there are days that I really miss being pregnant (never thought I’d say that!). And on those days, I wish I was pregnant again or want to try. I just take comfort in the fact that, when the time is right, God will bless us again with another little baby! I just wish I knew when that would be *wink*. Sean only wants one more kid, but I would like at least two more. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind. That is my prerogative! This is why I sometimes think that people that have kids back to back (to back to back!) know what they are doing. That way if you get to a “stage” where you find it extremely difficult, you don’t have that stage influencing your decision on more children. I’ll just let God handle the kid thing. He knows what He is doing. I just hope He has a few more little rug-rats for us :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

first... greetings from jakarta..... blogwalking....