CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Moving on Up!

Well, Sean and I have finally found a place to rent that met our criteria. Not an apartment, no noisy neighbors, land that we can have a garden in, at least 2 bedrooms, and on the north side of Indy. Check all those boxes!

We put a deposit down on an old farm house. Very nice...well except the paint, orange shag carpet, bright blue carpet, wood paneling in the kitchen (hence dark and dreary), and nasty vinyl in the kitchen. Other than that, this place is about perfect! And since all of my complaints were ones of pure vanity, we decided we could deal with it. Now just getting the little old lady to let us "rehab" the place a bit. I can live with the carpet (though I'm sure it is older than I am; maybe Sean too); except in the 2nd bedroom (which will be baby's bedroom). You have to love little, old ladies. They are extremely honest! She said the previous tenants had a flood in the bathroom and the back bedroom got flooded. She mentioned her son tore the carpet up and cleaned it real well, but I'm still hesitant. I don't want any kid of mine crawling, lying, etc in a place where fecal matter may or may not have been. Granted it will be awhile before said child is here, let alone even crawling, but you can see where I'm coming from.

I will have to post pictures of the place after we move in. Maybe it isn't as hideous as I'm making it out to be. My mind could very well be playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure the nausea I felt when walking into the living room (orange shag) and the BLUE room (bright blue walls, and blue carpet ~which will be our bedroom by the way) wasn't related to this pregnancy.
I'm optimistic that Sean can talk the owners into letting us "freshen" it up a bit, or however he wants to put it.

And speaking of the owners, well that is a post in and of itself, but I think they are very sweet! So now we just have to start getting packed up, and buy a few things (i.e. washer/dryer, kitchen table) and we are good to go. My dad is excited about this because we will be a lot closer to him. Approximately 9-10 miles northwest of him. I'm sure my mom would be excited too, but seeing as how I KNOW she will ask to move in, I'm trying to put this off as long as possible. So now we are moving on up to a way bigger place and way more north! There are only a few things I'll miss about the place we are in now...Kerry and Kathy! But I know we can still travel down to the southside and see them, and they are always welcome at our place.

Woohoo! Now off to plan my garden for this year....

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well, if I end up coming back home in May, I'll be close enough that I can come steal das Baby to play with. Or, when das Baby becomes das Toddler, to steal and bring to the playground. Because I like playing at the playground, but if I have a child with me, at least I will not garner stares. Instead, I will garner brownie points.

Simply Sweet said...

Me thinks its awesome you're havin a lil one hehe. I'll visit u guy once i get to Indy.

now tell me, how the stank do I follow UR blog?? i don't see a link to do so lol, so i have to go to facebook to view ur page on here lol.