CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

This is so hard!

I never imagined that naming a child would be this excruciating. Thank the Lord I have time before she gets here and I am obliged to name her. At the rate we are going though, her name will end up being Baby Girl Parsons. Hmph! Great parents we are going to be.

In all seriousness, this is really difficult. I really love one particular name. That name happens to be really popular. Gee, thanks Lindsay, for pointing that out! Now I'm debating said name because I don't want my daughter in school with a ton of other kids with that name. My child is unique and that deserves an unique name. No, not like crazy unique. Just unique enough that she stands a good chance to be the only kid named that in school. I could just name her what I want to name her, and go by her middle name (which is yet to be picked either-just as difficult a task) but I don't want to do that. I think the name I like sounds really great with her last name.

Thank goodness we don't have to pick out a last name either. I'm glad that is set in stone! I would probably be in a mental institute if I had to pick out 3 names! So I guess the baby's name is still Baby Girl Parsons. Maybe we'll make some headway in the coming weeks. Or maybe I will. Sean has been no help so far. My sister has; she compiled me a huge list of names that fit my criteria (well kind of). Unfortunately, none of them strike me as "the name". And I'm very glad that I found out what we are having. At least this way we have a few months.

Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

1 comments:

smchurchie said...

Maybe it would help to compile a list of names you DON'T like and then make a list of names you do like? I've known a lot of people to look at the social security web site and they have lists of most popular names every year, so that can help you not pick a name that is really common?